20150403

LONDON BLOOMS


Another thing I loved about London was how there were flowers everywhere.

School has been pretty laid-back lately, giving me more time to blog and make videos. I go through phases where I'm super energetic and excited about blogging, and times when I have no inspiration at all. I think a part of this, probably the biggest part, is that I let myself feel discouraged. It's natural to feel inadequate, and fall into a hole of comparing oneself to all the other people who are bigger, more famous, and prettier than you. It's sad, but I actually have to force myself to take breaks from Instagram. I consider myself to be a pretty confident person, and I know what I like/dislike most of the time. But still, scrolling through pictures of other people and places make me question myself. Am I doing what I really want? Should I still be blogging? Along with those questions, come the feelings that I despise and get really worried for myself whenever I feel this: jealousy. 

Again, jealousy is a natural emotion. I would be lying if I said I don't get jealous. In the internet world, with a saturation of gorgeous people and breath-taking places, real life (the life you are living in the real world) seems .... for the lack of a better word, sucky. 

Whenever I get into my little phases of not being inspired or reeking of jealousy, I take the day (or even just a few hours) off the internet and my phone. I'll do school work, jog, talk with friends. Talking about how you feel is the best way to feel better, at least it's the best way for me. Because by talking to others, you realize that you aren't the only one who has these blue feelings. 

Another thing that helps me out of a negative rut, is to think of everything that I am thankful for. Anything. Little things. 

To conclude my unstructured thoughts, (which I did not even plan to write this much), the internet is a vast and fabulous place. But I'm still struggling to find the balance between lusting over pictures, and feeling bad about myself. 

I'm really maximizing the long weekend with rejuvenating cafe sessions and some retail therapy. Hope everyone has a nice Easter break. 

xo, Dahye 

4 comments

Unknown said...

I think we of all people know how easy it is manipulate a greater life. It's hard but best to remember that the grass is greener on the other side (slightly aided by photoshop, ahem)!

Www.whimsicalzoo.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Oh, these are wonderful! I love all of the blooms for sale in London, and that you can enjoy them for free too. :) Did you see the amazing flowers at Liberty?

natalia wijaya said...

Those beautiful flowers <3

nataliegasm.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love this and I love you. Your transparency is rare and refreshing. Bold, powerful, and beautiful. I am forever grateful for you, and always proud of you.

Sending all of my love to you :)

x

Yididya

Write to me: deya@br.kashmerette.com

Hey Dahye ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger